This week, we had our first Glee & Crafts night and we made jewelry display frames.
I think everyone's turned out beautifully! Here's a photo recap of the night and a little how-to so you can make your own if you want to:
1. For this project you'll need an empty frame, some cork pieces, fabric, hot glue and pins or tacks.
2. Cut your cork piece(s) to fit in the frame. If you need more than one piece, hot glue them together, so that you end up with a piece of cork the same size as the inside of the frame. (Above: Heather cutting her cork to fit inside her frame. That's Frankie in the background ... he's getting ready for Halloween!)
3. lay your cork on top of your fabric and cut a piece of fabric so that there is at least 1 inch of extra fabric on each side. (I cut mine on that visible crease to the right)
4. fold the fabric around the cork like you are wrapping a present. make sure it is snug around the cork. hot glue it in place. (Above: Tori and Jenny gluing their fabric onto the cork)
Tori added details to hers, creating a design with different colors of ribbon. She wanted to use the ribbon to hold photos or other memories. You could also paint your frame if you'd like.
5. Once you have the cork covered with your fabric, it is time to put it into the frame. It should fit fairly snug, if not you can reattach the back of the frame or use little staples or frame tacks to hold it in place.
Everyone's frames turned out so great! I love all of the different fabric choices.
6. Once you hang the frame up, stick in your pins and hang your jewelry! I'm using mine for necklaces :)
Please share pictures with me if you make one :) I'd love to see how yours turns out!