John's favorite dessert is frozen peanut butter pie. It really is super creamy and delicious! This year, for his birthday, I made a pie and I made mini pies in cupcakes wrappers topped with oreo crumbles. We were all really impressed with how awesome the mini pies turned out, and since they were frozen, it was almost like eating ice cream. Yum! Here's the recipe, enjoy!
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie with Oreo Crumbles
1 package of cream cheese (8oz)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
2 (8oz) tubs of Cool Whip
24 cupcake papers
1. Mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. It helps if you let the cream cheese soften a bit before mixing.
2. Add in milk and peanut butter.
3. Fold in the cool whip!
4. Crumble the Oreo cookies in a zip bag for topping.
5. Place the cupcake papers in a muffin pan and fill with pie filling. Top with crumbled cookies.
6. Freeze and enjoy!
* If you'd rather just make a pie instead of the individuals, this recipe makes 2 pies in graham cracker crusts.
a perfect, frozen summer dessert!